Maritime law governs many of the insurance claims relating to ships and cargo, civil matters between ship-owners, seamen and passengers, and piracy. It also referred to as admiralty law, consists of the statutes and case precedents that govern legal disputes originating on navigable wade. For ship-owners and operators, our expert lawyers handle disputes under bills of lading, charter parties and carriage agreements, claims for stevedore damage, demurrage, hire, freight and other debts. We advise on all aspects of marine insurance including protection and indemnity.
We advise on shipbuilding, repair and conversion contracts and disputes, and deal with marine personal injury investigations and claims. Our services relating to cargo and goods-in-transit include dealing with claims arising from the movement of goods, including cargo recoveries and claims involving ship casualties, salvage and general average.
We advise on liability, quantum and jurisdiction claims and issues under the CMR Convention and standard trading conditions. We give consultations, legal aid and support on all questions of sea private law.
In particular, our lawyers are ready to render to the clients the following services:
- Protection of interests of the client in case of general average;
- Preparation and legal due diligence of all kinds of contracts connected with the activity of maritime transport, including contracts of carriage of oil, gas, goods and passengers;
- Consultation on arrest and protection against arrest of ships in Azerbaijan and abroad through a network of correspondents;
- Time charter-parties, voyage charter-parties, bareboat-charter-parties;
- Consultations on the labor questions arising in the sphere of trading navigation;
- RO-RO and containers;
- Ship sale and purchase;
- Ship repair and building.
AZEM & Partners offers a comprehensive legal framework based on an internationally accepted practice.